Thursday 3 November 2016

Food photography - the challenge

I set myself a new challenge - to improve my food photography. The proof is in the eating, but food blog readers have to eat with their eyes. To be honest, I think that there is plenty of room for improvement on this blog - seriously, you don't say!

So lately I have been investigating ideas on how to improve my presentation. A number of blogs are discussing very good tips, for example here.
In summary the following actions can be taken immediately:

  • Proper props - interesting and supposedly appropriate to support the mood and style - Yeah, some excuse for shopping. (Just kidding Honey!)
  • Focus - close-ups should not be forgotten.
  • Size does matter - smaller plates so that food does not get lost.
  • Let there be light - molto importante! As most things in life that should be natural.
  • What's your angle? - top, side etc. Use all angles and choose the best.
  • By arty - don't forget about texture, color, balance
  • Be adventurous. Experiment.Experiment. Experiment. And repeat!
No more slap-dash, boring photos. I promise!

What other tips do you have for mouth-watering photo's?

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *